
Five dollars at the farmer's market today. HUGE bouquet of flowers. I had to fill two vases with the flowers. The one at left is the prettier of the two arrangements. My home smells of real flowers, the scent is almost overpowering, in fact.
I've never been given flowers by a person for romantic reasons. My parents bought me roses when I turned 18. That's it. When I dated guys, it was in college and who has money for flowers in college? Not that it would have necessarily occurred to either one of my college boyfriends to buy me flowers anyway.
So I've come to the conclusion, now at the age of thirty that if no one's going to buy me flowers, if I want flowers I'll just have to buy them myself.
Five dollars is not too much for a little bit of nature.
Call me sentimental, but I still would rather have someone bring me flowers. In a romantic sort of way, that is.

No comments:
Post a Comment