Tuesday, August 12, 2008
but i'll be damned if i don't want to kiss you hard
"Shoulda Known" by Atmosphere
I didn't blog about this here, but some of you who read this know that I was informed that a proposal from my company on the new contract (which expires Sunday) was a proposed twenty percent pay cut for my tiny department. That kind of a pay cut would have meant me losing my house. No doubt about it. The union did not even respond to that proposal in the negotiations. But you can imagine I was freaking out.
Well, it turns out that all was not as it seemed.
The proposal from the company was specific to new hires only, which would mean my current salary would stay as is. While I don't like that idea on principle, because I know that my job is worth my pay and lower pay will not encourage people to stick around, learn the job and be good at it, it is a whole lot easier to swallow than the prospect of losing everything. It may not even end up being in the final contract proposal, it was just one of the ideas floating out there.
That's the good news.
The bad yet also good news is that my potential roommate has declined the invitation, room unseen. I think she weighed her options and that she knows she can't get me to let her live here rent free.
What can I say? I'm a bitch.
But at least I get to sleep naked in my house as long as I get to hold on to it.
The song in the video is not related at all to this post, I just love the song.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment