Monday, August 4, 2008
the hunger has not receded, those little moments when it wraps my head
This is "Lolita" by Throw Me the Statue. Not exactly a song to listen to right before sleep, but I love it so.
Today was a smorgasbord of good food. Yay produce! For lunch I had a nectarine and some fresh bing cherries along with some leftover moo goo gai pan. Then, for dinner I made myself some tuna salad and I sliced a tomato and a bit of cucumber on the sandwich. Just scrumptious. Seriously. I love August. It's my favorite month for eating because first of all, it's so hot that I don't want to eat a lot, so I savor my food when I do eat. And second, you have fresh produce and fruit from the grocery store that just tastes SO good!
If given the choice, in August I choose veggies and fruit over junk food. Too bad there's 11 other months of the year in which chocolate wins out.
Last night there was an amazing thunderstorm as I was going to bed. Rumbling thunder and flashing lightening. What a perfect way to fall asleep. Except, of course, I couldn't. I hate it when that happens. I love to fall asleep to the sound of rain pouring on my roof. Unfortunately I was preoccupied with issues at work and so I didn't fall asleep until long after the rain was finished.
Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it), most of the issues I was worrying over were for naught today, so I'm feeling generally positive. There was one funny call today. A man wanted to know to the penny what his bill would be each month. i told him I could approximate it for him but I can't tell him what his bill would be every month because his long distance use varies month to month. He could not understand why I couldn't tell him precisely what his bill would be each month. Round and round we went until FINALLY he asked for a supervisor ... who promptly burst out laughing when I told him the reason for the escalation. Seriously, people, the phone company may be a huge company, but we who work there are not omnipotent.
Then there was the woman receiving a discount on her bill due to low income who feels that due to this, she should get any feature she wants on her service and still only have to pay the basic line charge minus the discounts. It took me and another rep twenty minutes to explain to her that the low income discount is a set amount of money, not a deal whereby you get whatever the hell you want and you only have to pay $15 a month. Talk about an entitlement complex.
Found a neat site that has customer service horror stories: notalwaysright.com and it's fun to read. From the perspective of someone who does this day in and day out (deal with stupid people) it's nice to know that the stupidity of the world is not limited to people who call my company.
Or maybe that should make me scared for the future.
Anyone else think the trailer for "The Clone Wars" looks like a cheap video game commercial? Anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The new Clone Wars disgusts me. They already made a pretty cool Clone Wars cartoon. Do they need to cash in on Star Wars again already? D:
It gives me a sour taste in my mouth. Why couldn't it have just stayed at three movies and nothing more? No Star Wars Christmas, no baby Chewbacca, no Ewoks, none of the wangst-fest episodes 1-3... just none of it.
Post a Comment