Wednesday, August 6, 2008

i'll never be clean, you know what i mean



Despite hours of scouring, the potential roommate did not come over tonight. In fact, she may not be moving in at all. She e-mails me today at work and claims that she thinks she might be able to get assistance from the county with her rent. Sorry to say, but she will not qualify. She makes far too much money. The woman can just not handle money obviously:

Exhibit A: She had a townhouse and was foreclosed upon
Exhibit B: Moved in with a person at work, complained to me about not being compatible and moved into an apartment on her own
Exhibit C: She moved in the first of June and is already behind on her rent
Exhibit D: At the end of our conversation yesterday, I said flat out: "You understand that even though we're not doing a formal agreement, I will kick you out if you don't pay, I can't afford to have you live with me and not pay."

I figure, if I'm going to give up all the comforts and privacy that I currently have because I live blissfully alone (not to mention my office!) to her, I am not going to put up with hemming and hawing. So, we'll see. She's a bit of a flake, which is why I chose this song, "Fakey Fake" by Earlimart.

If she comes to live with me, bird and all, and she actually pays the rent, I can put up with a lot. So, we'll see. I may be premature in writing her off. I think I'm just pissed because I was all ready for her to come over this evening and then she didn't. I don't know how long I can maintain the cleanliness. My house is SPARKLINGLY clean right now.

I suppose I'll just have to see, won't I?

No comments: