Thursday, October 30, 2008

come down and get straight, it's in our eyes it's how we operate

MTV recently launched mtvmusic.com which (SHOCK) is a place to show actual MUSIC VIDEOS. (I KNOW! What a concept!)

So, of course I had to take a look and I watched some oldies but goodies. Alas, they only have one Gomez video (so far).




I love that the director of the Gomez video is listed as Tom Gray. I know he filmed it and all, but it's just cute.

A few others I watched (I really need to get to bed eventually):




which was directed by Michel Gondry and, though I can't express it adequately in words, makes me appreciate the beauty of choreography and the human form dancing. I don't know how to say it, I just love how every layer of the music is represented by a different group of dancers in the video. There are no amazing special effects, the costumes are laughable at best, but the whole video is just mesmerizing.

And, Fatboy Slim "Weapon of Choice" which is just awesome:





2 comments:

stefanie said...

my sister got me this box set for christmas a few years ago, it's AWESOME. this post made me think of it because of the michel gondry and spike jonze videos.

http://www.amazon.com/Directors-Label-Boxed-Set-Cunningham/dp/B00065AXTM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1225393131&sr=8-2

vanillagrrl said...

That is a great collection. What a dancer that Christopher Walken is. Whoa. Stef's comment reminded me that a friend still has my Stephane Sedanoui DVD & I need to get it back!