Tuesday, October 7, 2008

had a friend, she once told me you got love, you ain't lonely



"Friends" - Led Zeppelin

Last night I was up insanely late and I was chatting on facebook with a friend of mine from college. I gave her some details about the Gomez concert and the after party. I'm still gushing a bit about talking to Olly, and upon hearing of his approaching me and chatting alone for 15-20 minutes, she commented to me that I was "so going to marry him!" She had misunderstood and thought that his approaching me was similar to a guy approaching a girl in a bar. Of course, Olly is married and this was purely a hero/fan conversation and I have no designs on him in that way anyway (even if I had a chance, I'm not the type who would actually go after a married man). When I explained that to her, she understood better, but I was thinking how awesome it is to have a friend who, despite knowing how completely unattractive I am to 99 percent of the population out there, still thinks it's possible that the drummer of a rock band that I worship would take one look at me and have the urge to hit on me. Gotta love loyal friends.

Now if only I could have that kind of faith in myself.

No comments: