So much to write about, so little writing. It's late, I've been awake since 5 am yesterday so I'm making this brief. I just got done pouring my heart/guts out on my other (private) blog and I'm just mentally exhausted at this point.
Halloween: went to Target Friday afternoon, bought some more candy and supplies for the upcoming CD swap I'm coordinating on the Gomez forum. I haven't finalized my playlist yet. I imagine I will be doing it last minute. I am making everyone come up with a title for their disc and I can't even think of one myself. Hypocrite, thy name is Centrechick. Halloween night I had more kids than last year, which was awesome. At first I thought I was going to end up with a ton of leftover candy (which I did not need to have in my house) but fortunately had so many kids that I ran out of candy after 3 hours.
Two things that bugged me: smelled alcohol on the breath of a boy no older than 12 who was trick or treating with other kids who are probably too big to be trick or treating anyway. I felt really sorry for him, what a life he will have if he's already a lush at 12! Secondly, I turned off my porch light at 9 when I ran out of candy and a woman with a tiny child, maybe 15 months, knocked on my door anyway 10 minutes later. I was OUT OF CANDY. That is what the no light on means! And really, your kid is barely a year old, he is too young to eat candy, you are trick or treating for yourself and you ought to be ashamed!
I bought a new alarm clock at Target. It's one of those you don't have to set, which is nice. The alarm is different, though. Instead of a loud, annoying buzzer sound, it's a beeping that gradually gets louder. I've had more than one dream about semis backing up over the past few days.
Another weird dream: I dreamt my mom took a job as a personal assistant to Ben Ottewell of Gomez and she refused to tell me where he was at, no matter how much I pleaded with her.
I got up at 5 am this morning to be sure to be on time to vote. I arrived at my polling place around 6:45 and was pleased to see a line already forming. There were about 30-35 people in front of me, so I waited about 20 minutes before I could vote. By the time I left around 7:15, the line was ten times as long and went up the block. I drove past the polling place tonight after work just to see and there was activity but no line. Duly noted for the 2012 election, I can just vote after work. The polling location is a neighborhood rec center that is essentially a room about 20 by 15 feet. There is one door and no windows. It's kind of a dreary place, to be honest. But the crowd in line seemed genuinely excited to be there and happy to see others in line. Several people had commented that in past elections that there was no one in line when they went to vote.
I am beyond thrilled that Obama won. This is history. I am in awe of his ability to inspire hope in the darkest of hearts. In his acceptance speech toinght he reiterated the theme of "we are not red states and blue states, we are the United States" and I hope that all of us, Obama supporters and those who voted for McCain take that sentiment to heart. United we stand, divided we fail.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment