Wednesday, October 15, 2008

the agony of defeat

The past two ALCS games have been brutal and horrible to witness. What the hell happened to my team? Not only have they lost, but they have lost BADLY. The score was 13-4 last night and by the sixth inning I was practically pulling my hair out in frustration!

I really wasn't expecting them to make it this far, but on the other hand, this has been a train wreck.

On the other hand, they came back last year against the Cleveland Indians who were ahead 3 games in the series and went on to win the World Series.

Anyway, I'm glad for a night off from baseball tonight.

2 comments:

stefanie said...

i don't really care either way at this point but i kind of agree with the tbs guys that were saying this isn't last year's red sox team. manny is gone, lowell is out, and papi isn't really hitting for shit. we'll see what happens!

Centrechick said...

ha, could I use the phrase "on the other hand" any more? seriously, though, i am both looking forward to and dreading tomorrow's game.