Thursday, July 24, 2008

it could be me up there in stage lights



No, not really, but I really like this song. Stop! by Against Me!

I took four hours off of work today, I was terribly grumpy and tired. And so was everyone around me at work. Hardly any talking, just working and the customers were cranky. If I didn't leave when I did, I might have become guilty of severe customer abuse. In theory I didn't really want to leave, better to take a half a day off work on a Friday afternoon, but I just couldn't take it anymore.

I was all stoked to see that BBC America was airing episodes from the British comedy Spaced this week. Then I found out the time the show was airing was 2 am! What the hell? On Sunday they showed a few episodes in the afternoon and I watched several. It's been a couple years since I had seen the show and maybe I've changed or maybe I have a terrible memory, but they are not as funny as I remembered. Still funny, but just not as good as I thought they were.

My kitchen is infested with ants. Or it was. Part of my justification for using vacation time was that I would come home and clean my kitchen. When I got home two HOURS after I left work (running errands), my house was so hot (a/c doesn't run during day), I had to sit down and rest a bit while the house cooled off. BIG mistake. I ended up taking a nap. I did manage to rouse myself by 8 pm to get started, scouring every square inch of my kitchen. It's clean, but I don't know if it will ever be clean enough. I suppose I will have to start washing my dishes daily now.

That is, when I start eating again.

The Red Sox take on the New York Yankees tomorrow night, playing at Fenway. Josh Beckett is the pitcher Friday night. I am a terribly lame person, and I will be watching this game alone (not even someone to watch it with online as my friend Amber has a life) and having the time of my life. How sad is that?

Very sad, I suppose.

Yep, that's my life. Baseball and the internet. What shall I do in the winter, football? It may come to that.

What a difference a year makes.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Did I not tell you I'm not working?

I'm not working. I'll be here tomorrow!

Centrechick said...

awesome!

i was in a bit of a funk last night, not nearly enough non-flirting flirting yesterday. Let's hope today is a better day.

stefanie said...

i get terribly depressed when the playoffs begin because i know the end is near. i hate the off season :(