Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

It's funny how viral an idea can be on Facebook. I'm not sure who among my FB friends started it, but there's this meme where you write compliments about people from your friends list, tag them, and let them guess who matches which compliment. My friend Erin tagged me in one and when I read it, I was feeling slightly dark (you know, V-day upcoming and all), and her kind words just set me over the edge.

But really in a good way.

It just kind of hit me that I am really loved. I know that sounds silly, but I never had thought about it too much. One of the joys of rock bottom self-esteem is that you never take things at their face value. There's always a hidden agenda.

When someone goes out of their way to write nice things about you, it's such a rush. I'm still a bit teary over it.

So, I did one of my own last night. It took me a while, but it was worth it because by the end of it, I was feeling so positive about MYSELF. These are people who I care for and who care for me. Before last night, I would probably have written "seem to care for me" but I am fairly certain that there is genuine feeling there and that is such an amazing gift.

No, I don't have a Valentine. I don't even have a potential Valentine. But I'm more than ok with my current lot in life. I haven't felt like this ever.

Now, if I could just stop crying with happiness and get about my day.....

No comments: