Sunday, September 21, 2008
raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice
I got the movie Once in the mail today from Netflix and I watched it earlier tonight. I had heard from a few people that it is a really good movie, and I bought the soundtrack after hearing the song "Falling Slowly" on the Oscars this year. I had put the soundtrack on rotation on my iPod, but had never really paid much attention to the other songs except "Falling Slowly." At first, the jumpy camera work bothered me, but as I acclimated myself to it, I found myself completely sucked into the simple story. The original clip I was going to embed here revealed a bit from the end of the movie, and for those of you who read this who have not seen the movie, I don't want to ruin the ending. You must see this movie! I found myself bursting into tears at the end, which I did not expect. I can't wait to discover more of Glen Hansard's songs. I'm also going to watch this a few more times tomorrow. I wonder if I'll be able to listen to this song again without crying. (I'm tearing up now listening to it again!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment