Thursday, January 15, 2009

I can't believe how long it's been since I posted!

Christmas was non-eventful. We made far too many cookies again. I am so glad that I don't live in the same house as all those cookies. Less temptation.

New Year's was also non-eventful. Spent it alone again....no big surprise there.

I came up with a fantastic disc for the Gomez forum swap, in my opinion. I burned dozens upon dozens of CDs on New Year's Eve and got to the post office at about 4:30 (closing at 5:00) to mail them all out. I used up two sets of ink cartridges in my printer for artwork and even though I bought 200 blank CDs, I have less than half a stack left! So much paper, so much ink. There has got to be a better way.

At least there won't be another one until next year, if at all.

At work, they announced last week that they were moving desks for my team, so I had to pack up all my crap and change floors. The new spot is fine, but it's further away from a window so I feel a bit disconnected from the natural world.

Maybe when it's warmer out I'll go for walks outside during my lunch break. It will be good for me and I could use the sun exposure. The weather right now is barely conducive to walking one block, I won't be voluntarily going out for any reason. We've had lots of snow lately and it's lovely, but I am pretty much done with winter.

My department has two offices currently, one here and one in Seattle. We got an announcement today that they are closing the Seattle office. The people there have the option to move to Boise, Salt Lake City or Des Moines. They'll have a slightly different job but basically my office is going to be it for handling most of the collections for the company. This is really really shitty because they are going to change the office hours to an hour later which means I will either have to work slightly later or, if I'm lucky, NEVER FUCKING GET OUT OF MY CURRENT CRAPPY SHIFT. I know, it could be worse. I could be the one losing my job. But Christ almighty. I have worked there for NINE YEARS and the best shift I can get makes me work until 6 pm? What the HELL?

I shouldn't complain. Some people can't even get jobs despite being qualified. I'm pretty stupid for complaining in the first place, but it just feels like every time I think I'm getting ahead at the company and may be jumping up the seniority list and therefore be eligible for earlier shifts, they do something like this that knocks me right back down.

Yes, I am ungrateful.

No comments: